Monday, March 18, 2013

The Sweet Longing of Adventure

Another note I just wrote. It was inspired while I was doing yoga. I wrote this for a dear friend - you'll know who you are.

I inhale deeply. The scent of pines mingled with the damp freshness of the fog filles my lungs. From my vantage point on the veranda I can make out the tips of the nearest mountains before they vanish in the blanket of fog. A shrill cry wings its way to my ear, and I watch a flash of brown and white as the hawk soars across my sight before disappearing from view. The hazy valley resumes its stillness and silence as the fog muffles and encases everything in its grasp.

I allow my gaze to lazily drift across the mountain peaks, ignoring the feelings of longing swelling up from my gut. Those giants were calling to me, beckoning me to come to them, to scale their highest peaks and learn their deepest secrets. Soon. Soon I would venture into those dark ranges and explore all they have to offer. But not today.

1 comment:

  1. No, not today..But VERY SOON. I cannot wait till that day.

    ReplyDelete