Sunday, March 17, 2013

The Ocean

This idea sprang into being when I was in Galveston last week, and tonight it spilled onto the page, unbidden. This is the first time I've shared anything unedited - and honestly, it's a freeing and glorious feeling.

The ocean is alive. The white-crested waves that move upwards before crashing back down are full of life. There is no stagnation there. There is a rhythm to the way the waves beat against the rocks, yet that rhythm is ever-changing. The roar of the waves fills my ears, pulsating, causing my soul to swell with their every rise and fall. The water surges across my feet, a living thing, renewing my spirit, filling me with life.
In the ocean, I see life and motion. I see passion and restlessness. In the ocean, I find myself.

6 comments:

  1. Beautiful. You truly have a gift for putting feelings into words.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Full of life and beauty! Keep writing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it! You were able to capture the feelings I get when I'm sitting quietly on the shore listening and watching the ocean.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! That was indeed my goal. I'm discovering that my unedited works have more life to them.

      Delete