Saturday, March 16, 2013

One-Minute Writer: My Mug

I was attempting to write a little fanciful piece based on an insightful moment I had earlier in the week, but it just wasn't working today. So instead, here's my response to today's One-Minute Writer prompt.

Today's prompt: My Mug
I have a favorite mug for my morning coffee. Do you have a "go-to" mug of some sort? Tell us about it!

I'm not a regular coffee drinker, and I typically reserve tea for sickness. But I do love a good mug of homemade hot chocolate (none of that pre-packaged stuff, yuck) in the winter... and to be honest, sometimes in the summer as well.

My favorite mug is one I got in the gift center at Garden of the Gods in Colorado. It's a 12oz - a little larger than most standard mugs. It's decorated with a herd of wild, galloping horses, and the name "Colorado" adorns a spot near the bottom edge. I'm pretty attached to my mug and don't like to share (I think +Susannah Durling can relate to this...). Mornings when I get to use my mug are some of the best.

1 comment: