Monday, February 25, 2013

One-Minute Writer: Musical Prompt

Another writing prompt! This one comes from One-Minute Writer where you are given a prompt and 60 seconds to write about it.

Today's prompt... Musical Prompt
        Think about whatever song is randomly stuck in your head right now. If you are lucky enough to not have one stuck in your head, think about your favorite song. The main refrain of the chorus of that song (or the first line, if there is no refrain) is your writing prompt today.

"I gotta have/Roots before branches/Gotta know who I am/Before I know/who I wanna be" - Roots before Branches by Room for Two
As a college student, I encounter so many young adults trying to decide what to do with their life without any idea of who they truly are. It's so important to understand who you are before you can know what you want to do. Find yourself. Discover who you are. Then, and only then, can you truly know who you're going to be. 

No comments:

Post a Comment