Monday, February 25, 2013

Journal Mondays

One of my favorite sources for writing prompts is thewriteprompts.com. The blogger shares a different type of writing prompt for each day of the week. I'm a huge fan of writing prompts because they have a tendency to provide me with some unexpected but totally needed inspiration. Now that I have a blog, I'll be sharing some of my responses to prompts on here!

Today's Journal Monday Writing Prompt: For the next fifteen minutes write about a short person you know in a fond manner.

Oh my. There's obviously no contest here. My favorite short person is the awkward yet ever amazing Susannah who writes at  I'm That Weird Girl. While I adore many things about this lovely girl (far too many to list in 15 minutes), one of my favorite things is her impeccable taste in fiction. She shows her nerdiness by obsessing over an excellent selection of TV shows, movies, and books - Fringe, Sherlock, X-Men: First Class, and The Hobbit to name a few. Chances are if she likes it, I like it. And speaking of fiction, she's the Watson to my Sherlock... but that's another story.

I also love her creativity - she's what we call a craftaholic. But especially her fantastic drawing talents. As soon as she shares samples of her work on her blog, I promise you there will be shameless plugs here. Also, she can cook killer waffles. I should know.

In short (no pun intended...), Sus is amazing and without her, this blog wouldn't exist. Plus I wouldn't have anyone to share in my fictional obsessions. Also, her constant "I want to read your book!" inspires me to keep writing. My life is made more than a little brighter by her presence in it.

“Friendship is born at that moment when one person says to another: "What! You too? I thought I was the only one.” 
― C.S. Lewis

Edited: As I told Susannah later, when I think of "short," two people come to mind: her and Martin Freeman. So she's in good company.

3 comments:

  1. Awww! Aren't you the sweetest tart! <3
    And you have quite good taste yourself. I love the Monday Journal idea. Can't wait read more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Martin Freeman was the first person who came to my mind when you said "short". ;) Lovely blog, sweetie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks ladies! Great minds, love.

    ReplyDelete