Monday, May 6, 2013

Back to Blogging; also, Books

Hello world! Today I finished my last day of school for the semester, so now I should have the time and mental energy to return to regular blogging. I've missed my blog and these little tidbits and musings I have shared with the world over the past few months.

I don't have anything truly exciting to share today, but I did want to show off my new acquisitions that I received for my birthday. I got several wonderful books to add to my ever-growing collection.

First up to bat: a signed copy of The Boneman's Daughters by Ted Dekker. Dekker is one of my favorite authors, and I'm in the process of collecting all of his novels to add to my library. I currently have about a dozen. I already own two signed by both him and Tosca Lee which I acquired when I met them last summer.

I received two more books which I've been eyeing for awhile. They are Wrecked by Jeff Goins and On Writing by Stephen King. I started Wrecked the evening I got it and will probably blog about both books once I finish them.


Finally, my brother +Aaron gifted me with a few more lovely books. I was thrilled to open my gift bag and spy two Hobbit-themed journals, one of which is leather-bound and one is a Moleskine. They have beautiful covers inscribed with the artwork from the map in the novel. I plan on taking one with me on my upcoming trip to Europe to fill as a travel notebook.

The last addition to my library is this absolutely gorgeous leather-bound, gold-edged edition of The Hobbit. Isn't it a little beauty? Tolkien was the author who sparked within me a love for fantasy and writing, and I vividly remember my first foray into the realm of Middle-earth through the pages of The Hobbit. To this day it remains one of my favorite books. Up to this point, I didn't own any of Tolkien's works - I'm glad that has changed!


Books are some of my best friends, and I love the potential of the empty page of an open journal, so these tomes will all be cherished additions to my collection. Even now I'm looking forward to perusing through the pages of my new treasures.


There is no friend as loyal as a book. 
 - Ernest Hemingway



2 comments:

  1. Books - what a wonderful world - and what fun to think about creating one of those worlds, right?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Absolutely! One of my greatest joys in writing is creating new places to visit.

      Delete